Thread: Does anyone use a blender for cooking?

Does anyone use a blender for cooking?

Greetings!

I'm keen to get more veg into my diet but Iím a bad/lazy cook so want to do it the easy way (with purees and soups). In the past I bought a juicer for rather occasional juicing, so I believe it's collecting dust at my parent's house. Blender should be much more functional, at least that's what I've said to myself recently...

I know there's quite a bit of difference when it comes to juicers, and there are different ones depending on what you're planning to juice. But as for blenders, well, that's a terra incognita for me. Ofc, I had a look at some reviewers such as this one https://juicersblenders.org/ first, before coming here, but it seems to me that most of the sources are only reviewing blenders as smoothie makers primarily. Since smoothies are not my top priority, I'm asking for any recommendations and/or guides. I am quite sure Vitamix is a fine product, just very very expensive, so I'm looking for some good alternatives.

Extra points for models that allows you to cook hot liquids. Yes, I know it's not recommended use hot stuff inside the blender, but I'm planning to do so with only small batches of sauce.

So thanks in advance!

You can try getting a vitamix blender https://kitchenarry.com/vitamix-e310-vs-e320/ it can make hot soup

Trusted Senior Member
    You're right to use only small batches of hot liquid in a blender, I found out the hard way years ago when the top blew off and drenched me in steaming hot soup....

I have made this mistake also, I just use tesco's cheap blenders that you can get for £15 they last about a year...so I guess the higher you pay the more life you get out of it...I am not fussed on settings as I like my soup smooth...my favourite way to cook soup, is to chuck a load of vegetables in the slow cooker with spices and tomato paste and a chicken / beef stock...leave it to sit for 4-6 hours then once it is all cooked through chuck it in the blender (in small batches of course) and then if needed some single cream and a good crusty roll

need to get better at growing my own veg so I can make it all from home! so easy to get your five a day in when you have a veg soup!