Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mixers: Too many options

Trusted Senior Member Big Daddy's House's Avatar
    I'm a member in 3 other cooking forums.

In one of them, a member wrote and said that his KA Pro-600 Stand mixer had crapped out for the 2nd time! Same problem has come back. The gears in the transmission had become disengaged & broken.

And again, like the first time, it happened while he was making dough for bread! Seems that their supposedly more powerful stand mixers crap out because the quality, integrity and durability is no longer there now. They can be used for making cake batter and other light things, but they just can't make dough for bread any more because of that design flaw with the trannys!!

My 4.5-qt and 5-qt models seem to be working ok. The slightly smaller one, I've had for over 28 years now. It is STILL going strong, but if it were to crap out and be called home, I will have gotten my more than my money's worth out of it. Though I still like KA, I will not be buying another one.

I also have my Electrolux Assistant DLX-2000, which is a very powerful machine! It has not crapped out on me to this very day. It was expensive back in '06 when I bought it then. It is almost double that price now!!

The 5-quart KA tilt-head models still seem to be working fine, but now I no longer trust the brand, mainly because I've been hearing too many bad things about them.
    Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 2014-11-10 at 03:42 AM.
    ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Trusted Senior Member Big Daddy's House's Avatar
    Speaking of the Electrolux Assistant, I used it yesterday to make the batter for the 7up Cake.

I love that the bowl spins while the white roller beater spins inside the bowl, whipping and creaming the butter, sugar & eggs! It beat the batter to a very smooth and creamy texture!!

Last time that I used it before this time, was in April. I used it to make a double batch of batter for the 2 7up Cakes for a big family dinner the day before Ester. It easily accommodates 2 recipes at once! The 8-qt bowl is that big!!
    ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Trusted Senior Member
    Mine is working good. I have discovered the 5qt is not good for bread recipes with 6 or more cups of flour. It winds up around the gearing. OOOOhhh yuk.

I bought this one a few years ago and have never been happier. It's plain and simple and has done everything under the sun that I've thrown at it so far.
    What I really love about it is that the mixer is removable as a hand mixer. This had been a very handy option.