Thread: Just joined today (7-29-12)

Linda B

Thumbs up Just joined today (7-29-12)

I love to try new recipes. Don't make my own. Don't have alot of money to get expensive ingredients. Love to easy recipes. I'm into sour Dough breads. I made pancakes today. They were the best I have ever made. Glad to find this chat link.

Welcome Linda, please share your pancake recipe.

Trusted Senior Member
    Good of you to join. I also love easy recipes with "normal" ingredients. That's the ones I can find at a small supermarket and not expensive. In fact today I started working on a collection of my favourite recipes. You know the project you always meant to get at like cleaning out the spare bedroom closet. We all have them!

Sour dough is great. It really doesn't take a lot of extra time. Just remembering you have the starter on the go.

I love the easy simple ingredient recipes too. Some of the best places to look are at old cookbooks that your local church, VFW, or other organization might have put out. Yard Sales and flea markets are great. Usually the older the book the easier the ingredients. I found one of my great grandmothers books last year and my daughter and I ended up making marshmellows of all things just to see if we could.

Trusted Senior Member
    They are incredibly easy aren't they? You just can't get over the taste difference from the commercial ones. I make them small for my winter hot chocolate treat. Next time you make cupcakes try marshmallow as the icing.