+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sunday Brunch Quantities for Group

Fledgling Member

Sunday Brunch Quantities for Group

Hi, I'm having a Sunday brunch for my son's high school graduation, for about 100 people. The menu includes french toast, sausage, egg casseroles, spiral ham, danishes, bagels, muffins, breakfast pizza, fresh fruit. Then some lunch type of items, maybe ziti and meatballs, tossed salad. My question is, I'm having a hard time finding suggested quantities. I know for cold cuts you average about 1/3 lb per person. Is there a web site or a book available to help me estimate how much food to buy and make? Thanks for your help!!!!

Fledgling Member

I don't know if I'm too late, but one thing for sure, high school students eat more than the average adult. The same as elderly eat less.
    You do have a lot going on for a brunch. Another thing is that you have to think of what they are going to like and eat the most of. How long are they going to be there. Are they being served to limit portions. How many females will be there.
    I think that most likely they will eat more ham, sausage, meatballs and ziti than anything. That's how male teens are.
    My suggestion would to serve lunch for brunch. They wouldn't care. Maybe meatballs, Italian sausage on hoagie rolls, Ziti, salad and a breakfast pizza would make it simple. Your getting yourself into trouble serving all that stuff unless you have it catered.
    I do something for my employees every year like that. The simpler the better.
    The serving suggestion for an average adult for boneless meat served with a starch and vegetable is 1/3 to 1/2 lb. A teen eats twice that. A holiday event, an average adult, male or female will contribute to eating from 3/4 to one pound of boneless meat, depending how long they are at the event.
    I hope that maybe I helped you, or made you look at things from another angle.

Fledgling Member

Thanks for the reply. More than half invited are neighbors and relatives (mostly adults).The other half will be teenagers. I'll take a look at maker it simpler. Thanks again!!!!

Fledgling Member

Your more than welcome. I'm glad I could add another view. I hope it turns out like you want. It will I'm sure. Have a great day.

Trusted Senior Member

how did youre brunch turn out? have you tried going into barnes and nobles website and see if there is a cook book to feed huge parties for 100 pple or more? seems like Ive seen a website on the net when I was doing some research. I can look again if you like. let me know and ill send you some sites.
    kph

+ Reply to Thread