+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixers: Too many options

Mixers: Too many options

I need to buy a stand mixer and for the life of me I cannot get clear on which make or model I need.. Kitchen aid seems to be the direction I'm going but I cannot decide on the best model. There are so many options it has become confusing... Can someone out there make a recommendation. I want to make cakes, cookies and breads primarily. Thanks so much..

Trusted Senior Member Big Daddy's House's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
    I need to buy a stand mixer and for the life of me I cannot get clear on which make or model I need.. Kitchen aid seems to be the direction I'm going but I cannot decide on the best model. There are so many options it has become confusing... Can someone out there make a recommendation. I want to make cakes, cookies and breads primarily. Thanks so much..

Hopefully, THIS might convince you;

I own 2 KA Stand Mixers and an Electrolux Assistant DXL-2000 Stand Mixer.

All three machines are designed for the serious gourmet cook as well as for those just starting out with cooking and baking, and for home chefs who like to do a lot of baking and entertaining!!

My smallest machine - the KA K-45SS, which has a 4.5-qt work bowl I've had for a whopping 26 years, and after all that time, it is STILL going strong as ever!!! it has pratically been to hell and back with all of the dawnting tasks that I've assigned it to!! It might look small, but it certainly packs a lot of power!!

The slightly larger KA K-5SS, which has a 5-qt work bowl, I've had for over six years. Still going strong as well!! I sometimes like to use them both simutaneously when I'm multi-tasking!!

The Electrulux Assistant, which i've also had for six years, is the more powerful of the other two. Because it has an 8-qt work bowl, it can knead up to 7lbs of bread dough and accommodate recipes having up to 5lbs of flower!! I'd probably never make that much bread at one time, but it's nice to know that it can be done!! This is a rather expensive machine though, costing upwards of close to $600!!

I hope that this has helped you.
    Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 2012-12-22 at 12:59 AM.
    ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Smile Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy's House View Post
    Hopefully, THIS might convince you;

I own 2 KA Stand Mixers and an Electrolux Assistant DXL-2000 Stand Mixer.

All three machines are designed for the serious gourmet cook as well as for those just starting out with cooking and baking, and for home chefs who like to do a lot of baking and entertaining!!

My smallest machine - the KA K-45SS, which has a 4.5-qt work bowl I've had for a whopping 26 years, and after all that time, it is STILL going strong as ever!!! it has pratically been to hell and back with all of the dawnting tasks that I've assigned it to!! It might look small, but it certainly packs a lot of power!!

The slightly larger KA K-5SS, which has a 5-qt work bowl, I've had for over six years. Still going strong as well!! I sometimes like to use them both simutaneously when I'm multi-tasking!!

The Electrulux Assistant, which i've also had for six years, is the more powerful of the other two. Because it has an 8-qt work bowl, it can knead up to 7lbs of bread dough and accommodate recipes having up to 5lbs of flower!! I'd probably never make that much bread at one time, but it's nice to know that it can be done!! This is a rather expensive machine though, costing upwards of close to $600!!

I hope that this has helped you.
    This is exactly what I needed.. I'm on the right path based on your assessment and experience! I think the KA K-5SS is for me.. I need the bowl capacity..
    Happy Holidays!

This is exactly what I needed.. I'm on the right path based on your assessment and experience! I think the KA K-5SS is for me.. I need the bowl capacity..
    Happy Holidays!

You welcome, and Thanx!

Good!!

The KA K-5SSWH has now been replaced with the new model number; KV26G0XWH Base Maodel. it comes in a choice of colors - white, red, onyx black and dark blue. Price is about $419.00.

Here's the link below, so that you can check out the specs;

http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?...uct/KV25G0XWH/
    Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 2012-12-22 at 01:06 PM.
    ~BDH.

Perfect..Thank you again.! I'm happy to know new model # as I searched after reading your message and couldn't find the model number you had provided.. I assumed there migth be a more resent #..

is the page with the mixer on it coming up when you click on the link? It does when I do it.

The model number is in the upper left-hand corner. If you're still having trouble, I'll try to find you an easier link. Don't look for the number; K-5SS. it was changed to a new number.
    ~BDH.

Trusted Senior Member
    My kitchenaid is my most used item in the kitchen. I keep it right on the counter all the time. Glad to hear your going with the larger bowl. When I knead bread the smaller bowl will not hold the 5-6 cups of flour need to make a 2 loaf recipe.

Yep, it comes up when I click on link.. TY

KarenB,

Yes, my thoughts on size as well. I've read this concern in several reviews on same so I need the 5 qt.
    This is my Christmas present to myself. I have needed a new mixer forever and kept putting it off.. Time has come..

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Happy Holiday!

Yep, it comes up when I click on link.. TY

You welcome!! Glad to help out!!!
    ~BDH.

+ Reply to Thread