+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So what's going on the BBQ?

Trusted Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
    I keep reading that they go rancid and should be in the freezer or frig. I've never had that problem. Just a heads up....
    Thanks, it is a good reminder but I have a small refrig in the basement that I keep extra stuff in. Like all my flour, nuts, seeds and the pickles that I make. If I am going to have things too long I also put them in the extra freezer. I am on a quinoa kick so I will be looking for that to go on sale. I think that will have to be kept cold also.

Trusted Senior Member
    Now that is an amazing grain. Quinoa is great when you add the onion and garlic. Light and fluffy...

Trusted Senior Member Auntymimi's Avatar

Bbq

We just wheeled our old Grill out to the curb last week it was just about rusted into a pile of rubble, so now I have a spanking new one waiting for a test drive. Weather forcast this week calls for rain every other day, why didn't I get that awning too? The old awning met it's demise in an early fall storm. I'm hoping to get some jerked chicken breasts on to the grill and serving it with mango salsa and sweet potato mash.

Trusted Senior Member
    This is one of my favourite sides with grilled chicken... Mango Cole Slaw. I've always wondered where the name came from, apparently Cole is Latin for cabbage.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/RecipeC...&recipeID=2652

Quote Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
    This is one of my favourite sides with grilled chicken... Mango Cole Slaw. I've always wondered where the name came from, apparently Cole is Latin for cabbage.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/RecipeC...&recipeID=2652
    I'll have to pass on the Mango Cole Slaw recipe, I can't get past curry. There aren't many things I don't care for, but curry is one of them that just turns me off. I've tried it several times and will probably see if I have acquired a taste for it yet,but the last time I had it, I didn't find the flavor plesant at all. One reason I keep trying it is from what I understand it is a blend of spices so it can vary in flavor.

Trusted Senior Member
    It's like chili everyone has a different recipe. So if you can figure what the scent or flavour is that turns you off you could get past it by making your own blend. Have you tried garam masala? It's a blend as well but not as strong as a curry is. I can sure understand this since I can't stand cinnamon in a savoury dish. No Turkish or Moroccan dishes for me thanks.

I've decided to try and make a home made blend of "curry" or Garam Masala. I suspect it's turmric that I don't care for or possably some of the more exotic spices that I'm not familiar with. The Garam Masala is not familiar to me but after looking it up it sounds more palatable, or familiar than curry. Thanks for the tip.

Trusted Senior Member
    Springtime is asparagus season! I love it grilled, especially the fresh tender ones. I just toss 'em with a little balsamic and some oil. a pinch of salt & a couple grinds of fresh pepper. Sometimes lemon juice instead of balsamic for a change. Embarrassingly simply and just delicious.

+ Reply to Thread