+ Reply to Thread

Thread: casserole recipe for 100-200 people

Smile casserole recipe for 100-200 people

We own a big hunting lodge with a sporting clays range and often have to feed very large numbers of people. Right now I am looking for a casserole recipe I can make for 100-200 people ahead of time that's not too expensive. I don't need to freeze it, just make it the day before. It's mostly men eating. I 'm having trouble finding something that I can prepare in the large aluminum pans like caterers use and heat them up that morning. Help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Granger View Post
    We own a big hunting lodge with a sporting clays range and often have to feed very large numbers of people. Right now I am looking for a casserole recipe I can make for 100-200 people ahead of time that's not too expensive. I don't need to freeze it, just make it the day before. It's mostly men eating. I 'm having trouble finding something that I can prepare in the large aluminum pans like caterers use and heat them up that morning. Help. Thanks
    Are you heating them in ovens or using sternos?

Hmmmm,Shepherds pie? If you get the meat for a bulk price the other ingredients aren't that expensive, and you can use the instant potatoes for the top, I hate peeling potatoes,lol, What about a Stroganoff? That could be made with chicken also, trying to come up with all in one ideas, chicken and rice,

Highly Valued Member
    Shepards pie a great idea...no need to peel the taters, especially if you use the red ones.
    A chicken stew using skinless, boneless thighs, barley, beans & lots of veggies, w/ bread on the side...
    How about a classic dish, like Sausage ,peppers & onions, add roasted potatoes (if you want it more filling), cook in a tomato sauce-Pasta on the side tossed w/ garlic, olive oil, & Italian herbs, also w/ bread?
    Just some thoughts...let us know what's going on...

+ Reply to Thread