+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cake

Lightbulb Cake

The Old Black Joe Cake recipe was my mother's own recipe when I was a small boy. She won prizes with it and eventually sold the recipe to Betty Crocker.
    it is a great cake that stays moist for quite a while.
    It has been my favorite cake since I was a small boy and still is today. It has been in the family eversince I can remember and I am in my 70's now.
    Hope everyone who trys it enjoy it as much as I have all these years.
    Bob Thompson
    Last edited by CM; 2011-05-19 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Added link

Trusted Senior Member
    Are you referring to the one on recipe search? It looks like a great formula!

I copied down the Black Joe cake, too. I think it should be remembered. I love old recipes. I even have some from the 1600's. I will definitely try this Black Joe cake, though. I love chocolate cake!

I'm gonna try this old kind of recipe, and it sounds that it is so delicious, so excited to make this Old Black Joe Recipe.

I grew up eating this cake, and I'm 50 yrs. old. My husband and I had this as his 'groom' cake at our wedding 28 years ago! He and my 5 children call it one of their favorites. It is awesome your mom is the founder of the Old Black Joe cake, and it was sold to Betty Crocker! How impressive! Thank you!
    We eat it with whipped cream icing, buttercream icing, peanut butter icing, chocolate icing, chocolate/coffee icing, and even just a sprinkle of powdered sugar as icing. The flavor is so wonderful, you really don't need icing. This is one of the easiest and tastiest cakes ever...... Enjoy!

Trusted Senior Member Auntymimi's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing Old Bob(Joe)Thompson!

+ Reply to Thread