+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Dieting!

I'm a popcorn lover, too. I make a honey-buttered popcorn. 1/3rd honey to 2/3rds butter and I fill a 1/3 cup to pour over a big bowl of the stuff. MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, good.
    It's very very sticky, though. I only use two fingers to eat it with. LOLOL My thumb and index fingers. I never use any others. LOL
    Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...

I have switched over to the Paleo Diet and I feel fantastic! I found the most delicious Paleo recipes at http://www.PrimalPrimos.com/paleo-blog
    Last edited by Recipe23; 2013-01-15 at 10:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Trusted Senior Member

Trusted Senior Member
    We are so funny here. Even on the dieting thread we talk about carmel or brown butter popcorn etc. I guess that is what makes the world go round. I am thinking that if we want to only talk about dieting and healthy food we need to find a site that deals only with that subject. Like I said before, too many good cooks and ideas to stay focused on just healthy. By the way, I love the Kettle Corn popcorn the best and that is what I usually eat. Not really very healthy either, but it works for me.

We can eat these treats sometimes, but on an everyday basis try to learn to love the spare stuff. Little butter, little salt, little honey..... Does anyone believe in diet drinks, or do you prefer water?

Personally, I don't drink soda pop although, I might enjoy a root beer float or two in the summer months. No, I don't drink or eat anything diet.
    I've read that they have more carbohydrates in them then regular soda, which makes them more fattening.
    Just check out the USA alone, everybody is fatter eating and drinking all the so called diet foods and drinks.
    It's become a pretty big scam on the populous.
    Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...

Trusted Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brigid View Post
    We can eat these treats sometimes, but on an everyday basis try to learn to love the spare stuff. Little butter, little salt, little honey..... Does anyone believe in diet drinks, or do you prefer water?
    I do not drink any soda pop. I drink water, cold coffee & skim milk in the morning and ice tea in the summer. Also hot herbal tea once in awhile in the winter also.

I love coffee, but only decaf... I was raised on tea drinking. Decaf darjeeling is my fav. I am not a fan of the diet drinks, though I guess they help some diabetics. Haven't had anything but skim milk in 2 decades.

+ Reply to Thread