+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dieting!

Excellent advice, Meg. I love whole grain bread and eat it any time I eat bread. Hahaha! I have some low fat cottage cheese in the fridge as we speak. Pineapple is really, really good with that! Thanks again, and I hope you will post more often.

I heard a good rule for dieting... actually TWO good rules today. The first is eat like a king in the morning, and like a pauper at night! The second is no food 3 hrs or less before bed. Night time snacking is a sure diet killer.

Fall is coming. The cool weather will make us want to eat more filling, heavier foods. Time to start planning how we will handle it!

Trusted Senior Member
    Soups, soups, soups.....skip the heavier ones, fill up on the lighter ones...

Soup! The most cozy comfort food I can think of! (except for macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes! hahaha!) I love it and I love making it.

Fledgling Member foodlover4ever's Avatar
    When i started dieting a while back i would deprive myself of alot of things, not really knowing what i should and shouldn't eat. I believe different diets work for different people because its more than just eating and not eating, you have to consider your lifestyle also. I tried several different diets, then a friend sent me a link about the Paleo diet and I haven't tried another since. I found this awesome RECIPE BOOK not long after i started and it helped immensely. Diets don't have to be a burden or make you feel miserable. Hope this helps some other dieters out.

Don't be sedentary, number ONE. Move. Walking is the most pleasurable pastime and very beneficial. Just 15 minutes a day means improvement. Find that 15 minutes and begin to look forward to that time to wind down, contemplate the day, solve problems, dream.... it can be YOUR time. I do it and love it. I thought it would bore me, but Nature is never boring. Walk on grass, not on concrete. You will begin to feel a wonderful connection to the earth and Nature as a whole. It is the source and will change your apathy and boredom to enjoyment and expanded energy. Try it. it's the easiest way to improve yourself.

Trusted Senior Member
    I agree walking with mother nature is the best. I use my long driveway in the summer. The treadmill in the winter. When I first came here I thought it would be great to walk in the country. Then I started hearing about coyotes following people. Pass!
    Now I do interval training on my treadmill. 20 minutes no boredom, too busy counting the minutes and I find I get less tired.

It's true! You DO get less tired. That is something no one believes until they try it. It would seem to be that more activity would wear you out, but it just makes you stronger. You can really tell it in your leg strength. I live at the edge of the woods and animals have been seen plenty in my backyard, but they are more apt to run when they hear noise than attack. At least around here. We have coyotes too, but shouldn't. They are not native to this area. My favorite time to walk is once in the morning and once at dusk. Lovely times of the day, imo. Don't have a treadmill, but wouldn't mind having one. Esp for rainy days.

Trusted Senior Member
    One thing my Dad taught me ( the list is long) never be quiet in the woods. You will startle an animal you don't want to mess with. We had bears, deer, skunks, porcupines and others around the property. He taught me to read a map and navagate. I never have a problem knowing where I am.

+ Reply to Thread