Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Topic!

Trusted Senior Member

20 uses for coffee filters

1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in micowave. Filters make excellent covers.
    2. Clean windows,mirrors and chrome- they will leave glass sparkling clear.
    3. Protect china by separating your good dishes to pack or store. Great for Christmas ornaments!
    4. Use a filter if you have broken a cork in a bottle of wine- works well for anything you have to strain.
    5. Protect a cast iron skillet after oiling down- Keeps the grime & grease off other items in your cabinet.
    6. For applying shoe polish.
    7. Use as a sieve to recycle frying oil.
    8. Weigh chopped foods on your food scales.
    9. Use as a taco holder- filters make a convenient wrapper for messy foods.
    10. Prevent the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line the pot with a filter to prevent the soil from going through holes.
    11. Keep popsicles from dripping- poke a hole through a filter for a holder.
    12. Put a few on a plate to microwave bacon, or to drain french fries, chicken, etc. they soak up grease great!
    13. Keep in bathroom for razor nick fixes.
    14. As a sewing backing- use a filter as an easy-tear backing for embroidery or applique projects.
    15. Put baking soda in a pair of filters & place them in athletic shoes as odor absorbers!
    16. Use them to strain soup or to blot grease from the top of your chicken stock.
    17. You can use them to germinate seeds... Just dampen the filter- place seeds inside,fold it & place it in a plastic bag until they sprout.
    18. Use as a disposable snack bowl for the kids- popcorn, chips anything that could create greasy hands.
    20. Make a removable spice sachet by tying whole spices such as bay leaves, peppercorns and herb sprigs in a coffee filter with string. Float the sachet in simmering soups and stews, and simply remove and discard the bag after cooking.

ImissTexas52
    Quote Originally Posted by K. Slink View Post
    I just had to throw this in, it has nothing to do with grapes, although it makes me wonder why "dogs shouldn't eat grapes"....I once had a dog who grabbed an ear of corn and chowed down on it before I could stop her. I watched her closely for several days, expecting an emergency visit to the vet. Nothing happened, she was just fine. Their digestive systems dissolve things just as ours do.....
    Large amounts of grapes eaten by dogs can cause nausea, vomiting, and/or lead to kidney failure. For much better info than mine..
    http://www.vetinfo.com/dtoxin.html

Trusted Senior Member
    . Vegetables known to be toxic to dogs include onion, garlic, green parts of tomato plants, potato peelings, raisins, grapes, rhubarb leaves, broccoli and pips or stones from many household fruits

Highly Valued Senior Member
    Hoo-hoo; Who R U? Most folks in the US and Canada do not have multas grapes growing in their back yards; so to speak; like we Californios do. So be sweet; K? OK; play nice!!!!!

Trusted Senior Member
    I have no idea what you are referring to? I grow concord grapes. What is a multas grape? I use my concords for juice and jelly.

Trusted Senior Member
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't understand that!

Trusted Senior Member
    I think Al meant large quantities of grapes, rather than a specific type. Not positive though.

Dogs are not too picky about what they eat- sometimes they'll even re-eat foods that didn't agree with them. They're dogs. So it's good to know what to keep away from them.

Some popular houseplants are toxic to animals, too, like aloe, spider plants, philodendron, diefenbachia (dumbcane), and many types of ivy. Dogs & cats won't necessarily eat these, but it's good to keep an eye out in case they begin to look chewed-on.

And please don't EVER give acetaminophen (Tylenol) to a dog or cat!!

Trusted Senior Member
    And don't give a cat cow milk. They are lactose intolerant.

Ok I am lost with the grape comments lol but great coffee filter tips. ty

Thank you for the tips. It is very useful.