• The Front Page

Published on 2010-07-29 09:27 AM

Be The Chef In Your Backyard With Hot-Off-The-Grill Techniques From Le Cordon Bleu
    Make Grilling An Art With Tips And Recipes From Master Chef Edward G. Leonard

HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Jul 28, 2010 10:35 ET /PRNewswire/ -- Long known for culinary excellence, the Le
    Article Preview

If there are times when you're too busy or too tired to cook and you're looking to avoid fast foods, then consider revisiting the newly revised and updated classic "Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook" by Phyllis Pellman Good.

With 700 recipes (including 100 all new) intended for our favorite time-saving convenience the ...
    Article Preview

Italian Family Dining: Recipes, Menus, and Memories of Meals with a Great American Food Family
    by Edward Giobbi and Eugenia Giobbi Bone, published by Rodale

It's mealtime, and the family gathers around the table. There may be a dish of pasta to start, or a bowl of soup. To follow, perhaps some tuna sausage and roasted peppers, or chicken with mint. A salad? Well, maybe, if it's a big meal. Salad at this point in the meal is good for digestion. For dessert, a piece of fruit. If the occasion is special, then a granita or a torta. Each dish celebrates the bounty of the season. And each pause between these small courses -- indeed, the entire meal -- is punctuated with lively conversation. The result? Satisfaction. Contentment. And a very healthful meal. This is Italian Family Dining.

Thirty years after the publication of his classic book, Italian Family Cooking, Edward Giobbi has joined his daughter Eugenia Giobbi Bone to share more recipes for the way ...
    Article Preview

Excerpt from Grill!: Quick and delicious recipes for indoor and outdoor grilling
    by Pippa Cuthbert and Lindsay Cameron Wilson

Caramelized lamb chops

Grilling meltingly tender, marinated lamb chops is one of life's simple pleasures.
    Serves 4

1 cup (20g) cilantro, roughly chopped
    6 Tbsp brown sugar
    4 Tbsp dark soy sauce
    4 Tbsp mirin, Chinese rice wine or sherry
    4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    16 single-rib lamb chops

To serve:

Grilled potatoes, green salad or steamed green beans
    Combine the cilantro, brown sugar, soy sauce, mirin and garlic in a shallow baking dish. Add the chops, turning well to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for up to 24 hours.
    Preheat the grill or grill pan to very hot. Brush with oil. Grill the chops ...

Excerpt from 12 Best Foods Cookbook: Over 200 Delicious Recipes Featuring the 12 Healthiest Foods, by Dana Jacobi

Spinach Salad with Nectarine, Blueberries and Lime Balsamic Vinaigrette

With nectarines available nearly all year long, you can enjoy this salad almost anytime. I actually like it best in the winter, when the tartness of imported nectarines seems to make it even more refreshing. Tossing fresh mint with the spinach adds an unexpected flavor.

4 cups baby spinach (4 ounces)
    1/4 cup mint leaves
    Juice of 1/2 lime
    2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
    1 teaspoon chopped shallot
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1 nectarine, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup fresh blueberries, or 1/4 cup dried

1. Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl. Stack the mint leaves and cut them crosswise into thin strips. Toss the mint with the spinach.
    2. For the dressing, combine the lime juice, vinegar, shallot, and salt in a small ...
    Published on 2010-04-15 12:43 PM

Apr 12, 2010 18:00 ET -- ShopSmart Decodes the New Rules of Food Safety

How to Avoid Getting Sick from Contaminated Food
    YONKERS, N.Y., April 12 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- With recalls of potentially deadly foods all over the news, it seems as though no matter what you buy at the grocery store, you could be putting your health -- or even your life -- on the line. But according to a new report in the May ...
    Published on 2010-04-08 12:11 AM

Apr 6, 2010 07:00 ET -- Hostess(R) Salutes an American Icon as the Twinkie(R) Celebrates 80 Sweet Years

IRVING, Texas, April 6 /PRNewswire/ -- The iconic Hostess® Twinkie®, one of the sweetest stars to ever grace the American snack cake stage, is celebrating its 80th anniversary - capping a remarkable journey that has spanned television and ...
    Published on 2010-04-07 11:47 PM

Apr 5, 2010 09:00 ET -- Grain Foods Foundation and Melissa d'Arabian Launch the Bread Art Project to Benefit Share Our Strength(R)

RIDGWAY, Colo., April 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Nearly 17 million children in America - almost one in four - struggle with hunger. The families of these children ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  • Recent Threads

dougdine

Cinnamon rolls pop up in the middle ...

Thread Starter: dougdine

This happens sometimes but not always. Why do my cinnamon rolls pop up in the middle while baking? A picture is attatched. Thank you.

--Doug

Last Post By: K. Slink 13 Hours Ago Go to last post
    texasmary

cranberry jello

Thread Starter: texasmary

I wanted to use fresh cranberries in my jello salad, do I precook the cranberries as directions on package. then add to my jello with my fruits and nuts?

Last Post By: K. Slink 3 Days Ago Go to last post
    spottsharley

CREAMY mac & Cheese

Thread Starter: spottsharley

How to make CREAMY mac & Cheese and it stays creamy ?

Kathy

Last Post By: K. Slink 1 Week Ago Go to last post
    Listera

Could there be a way?

Thread Starter: Listera

Hello everyone,

I really don’t know whether this is the right place to ask this, but I really want to get some suggestions and I believe

sissyone

Johnsons Chili

Thread Starter: sissyone

Where can I buy Johnson Chili?My store in Tacoma,Wa. has stopped putting it on there shelves.Thanks

coglenda

Johnson chili brick

Thread Starter: coglenda

I'm looking for a chili brick that we used in our family when I was a child -- I don't know if it was "Johnson's", but it consisted of everything

Last Post By: MHartley 1 Week Ago Go to last post