Recent Blogs Posts

1. Dog friendly kitchen

Hello all. Do I have anybody out there, that are dog lovers?
    Have you ever wondered if you could make the furkids a tasty, nutritional treat, with no additives and preservatives? If so, I might have just solved your problem. I posted a recipe for No Bake Peanut Butter Balls.
    They are easy to make and take no time at all, to put together. They work well in sneaking meds to them, too.
    These are good for the humans, too. Tried one. Really not bad.
    Categories
    Food and Cooking
  2. Where have you been all my life?

If you have read my intro, you know I’m a widow and recently purchased a Food Saver Vacuum System. This thing is amazing!! I probably use it every day, for something or other. Case in point……made some Banana Bread and Applesauce Bread this past weekend. After they were cool enough to “man-handle”, I sliced them up, in a single serving size, laid them on a parchment lined sheet pan, and stuck them in the freezer. Pre-freezing everything is very important. Baked goods especially. It helps them ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Bon Jour!

I took basic Spanish in High School – too many years ago to remember much and 2 years in Korea didn’t teach me much – they all wanted to speak English. When it comes to French, I know like 7 words/phrases all the basic ones, most everybody knows. Bon Jour, Au Revoir, Deja Vu, Oh La La. Bon Appetit goes well with French Onion Soup. Well, my friends, I’m going to dazzle you with one: Crepes ala Confiture. Sounds super fancy and super hard to make, doesn’t it? Thanks to Felice, a cooking friend ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. To fry or not to fry, that is the question!

……..my answer to that question would be a big NO. Have never been one for fried foods. Greasy foods and me just don’t get along. I do, do the occasional French fries, but not many and not often. I even gave away my fryer. Hate the mess frying causes. Gets all over everything.
    With that in mind, most recipes you will get from me will be either, baked, sautéed, poached, steamed or done in the crock pot.
    Before I started to poach and steam, I really thought it was going to be bland. ...
    Categories
    Food and Cooking
  5. Shrimp Creole Jambalaya

I never noticed this link was here but this is our last food post and it is truelly great Cajun holiday tradition.
    http://theroundrobincajuncountrycook...jambalaya.html
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast